Stay Current on Nexus Developments - Register for our Mar. 29 Webinar.
Stay up to date with sales tax: Join our mailing list!
Puerto Rico VAT Reform: What Didn’t Happen and Where are we Now? Webinar
Puerto Rico has seen a lot of tax changes take place over the last year. One of the biggest recent changes was the major increase in Puerto Rico’s sales tax rate (from 6% to 10.5%) in 2015. And legislation that was going to switch Puerto Rico from sales tax to a Value Added Tax on June 1, 2016 was recently vetoed. So what exactly is happening there and what is going to happen in the future?
If you have operations in Puerto Rico or make sales or purchases in Puerto Rico, you need to understand the significant tax changes that are taking place and what the implications are for your business.If you don’t know and understand what changes are taking place, you could have a real tax compliance problem to deal with.
Dealing with sales tax in Puerto Rico can be very tricky without guidance from an experienced professional who can help you understand the sales tax landscape and how to get things done the right way.
This 90-minute webinar taught by Eric Siedentopf, Tax Director at Costco Wholesale, and moderated by Diane Yetter of the Sales Tax Institute will get you up to speed on what has changed with Puerto Rico’s indirect tax landscape and what the future could hold. Get the knowledge you need to make sure your business operations are up-to-date with Puerto Rico’s recent tax changes.
Learning Objectives for this webinar include:
- Gain knowledge about the history of sales tax in Puerto Rico and understand where things currently stand
- Learn about the tax reform that took place in Puerto Rico in 2015 so you can understand the implications to your operations
- Gain insights into how sales tax nexus is determined in Puerto Rico
- Learn about the switch to VAT that was supposed to take place on June 1, 2016 and why it didn’t happen
- Gain knowledge about the current state of sales tax in Puerto Rico and what might happen in the near future
- Learn how you can get things accomplished in Puerto Rico and resources you can use so you’re not alone in trying to navigate the tax landscape.