Marketing and Communications Manager
Remote Marketing and Communications Manager Opportunity for Sales Tax Consulting & Education Company
Are you a creative marketer? Do you enjoy helping an established company find new audiences? Do you enjoy using your marketing and communications expertise to expand a company’s position as a leader in its industry? Do you want to be part of a small but mighty team that is highly respected for its content and continuing education seminars and commitment to client service? Do your values include expertise, integrity, curiosity and growth, respect and kindness, devotion and well-being?
We demystify the complexities of sales tax to empower individuals and companies
to understand and manage their risks and responsibilities.
We educate, consult, and advocate to shine a light on the importance of sales tax compliance in business health and to elevate the profile, influence, and value of sales tax professionals.
We are committed to social justice and equity, respecting the differences and similarities of all.
We are committed to creating a culture that values expertise, integrity, curiosity and growth, respect and kindness, devotion and well-being.
Purpose of Role:
The Marketing and Communications Manager manages all functions within our marketing department which lives in the fast-paced and dynamic environment of our small but mighty sales tax consulting and education company. Reporting to the President, this role enables the right professional to be in the middle of the action, delivering marketing, public relations and educational products that grow a global brand and widen one’s breadth of skills.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- 15% Strategy:
- Develop and lead an integrated marketing strategic plan that has monthly, quarterly and yearly goals tied to it
- Find, strategize and execute on product development opportunities that result in significant revenue growth
- 30% Course/Product Creation, Promotion and Advertising (organic and paid):
- Create and execute a paid digital advertising plan
- Plan and promote 2 in-person events/year, monthly webinars, online courses & special programs
- Participate in live webinars and in-person workshops
- Broaden audience of potential attendees at conferences
- 30% Writing (emails, posts, blogs, tips, speeches, content for courses & promotional campaigns):
- Manage marketing and consulting staff content creation
- Manage PR for Diane Yetter and the company; write content that supports marketing and PR efforts
- Manage creation and distribution of monthly e-newsletters via Infusionsoft (Keap) to a list of about 18,000
- 15% People Management/Partnering Activities (sponsors & professional associations):
- Lead the marketing team consisting of a marketing staff and intern
- Collaborate with 10-11 staff
- Partner with and oversee external vendor relationships
- Manage sponsorships of Sales Tax Institute
- Maintain relationships with professional associations
- 10% Metrics & Monitoring (both marketing and sales metrics)
- Quarterly team gatherings in Chicago or other location
- Attendance in person at 2 Sales Tax Institute courses annually (3 days each)
- Occasional attendance at industry conferences or training
- BS or BA degree in Business, Finance or Marketing-related major
- 5-7 years or experience in marketing professional services and B2B marketing, including supervisory experience.
- 3-5 years of copywriting and editing experience for email and web landing pages, as well as short & long format writing (e.g., editing white papers)
- 3-5 years of experience creating, launching and tracking digital advertising campaigns for online products (preferably video educational products or similar)
- Experience creating and managing annual marketing plans and content calendars
- Expert-level social media skills that drive engagement of company products and content
- Experience creating marketing strategies for new and existing products/services that results in increased revenue
- Skilled at analyzing marketing campaigns for strengths/weaknesses and tracking marketing metrics to report on resulting revenue
- Experience with website analysis for conversion rates and understanding what drives sales
- Enjoys identifying new audiences and creating plans to conduct outreach
- Understands capabilities for CRM systems and the benefits of using marketing campaigns.
- Passionate about crafting content that breaks down complex topics into interesting, compelling reading
- Intense drive to deliver results and has a bias for action
- Self-driven yet also enjoys working in a team environment
- Full of entrepreneurial spirit and thrives off creating innovative solutions to complex problems
- Understands the “why” and builds high-level strategy, and then implements to successful completion.
- Expert proficiency in the following technology applications: Microsoft Office Suite (especially Powerpoint and Excel), Sharepoint Online, Wrike (or other project management tool)
- Exhibits communication and leadership skills to lead marketing team as well as partnering with other departments on new products and services
- Able to work with outside partners on joint marketing efforts, resource sharing and events that maximizes brand awareness
- Experience with organizing and promoting events including site evaluation, contracting, promotion and event execution
- Experience working with trade/professional associations, chambers of commerce, or consulting firms that produce & sell educational events; skilled in managing these events (scheduling, promotion and product deliveries, etc…)
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Sales tax or accounting/financial services industry experience
- In-depth Google Analytics understanding, baseline GA 4 understanding
- Marketing CRM management and best practices experience
- Experience selling educational courses – online and in-person formats
- Graphic design experience – or strong ability to make creative briefs.
- CRM migration experience
- Marketing automation experience
- Online community management experience
A comprehensive benefits program including health care, 401K including matching and profit sharing, PTO, flexible work schedule, employee wellbeing support, professional development and memberships and service opportunities to make a difference in the world is offered to all full-time employees.
Please send your resume, samples of your work and answers to the questions located at https://www.lhazan.com/qa/ to Lynn Hazan – [email protected] Please refer to “Marketing and Communications Manager” in header.