Stay Current on Nexus Developments - Register for our Mar. 29 Webinar.
Stay up to date with sales tax: Join our mailing list!
Demystifying the Sales Tax Process: What Do You Need and How Do You Find It? Webinar
The sales tax process isn’t simple, is it? There are so many different pieces of information necessary to manage a company’s sales tax. I like to say sales tax is a team sport – it isn’t something you can do on your own. And it needs to be managed correctly because if it isn’t, it could cost your company.
Managing sales tax is a responsibility that most businesses have, and chances are good that many professionals don’t realize all that is involved.Are you aware of the sales tax data you should be gathering and tracking to stay on top of sales tax? And would you like to know about the tools that can help do the work for you so you’re not bogged down in administrative duties? There is much more to sales tax than just getting the returns out the door each month. Tracking nexus, taxability and business operations all are key to keeping your sales tax process on track.
Staying sales tax compliant is vital these days, because companies that have neglected their sales tax responsibilities are an easy target for auditors.Staying compliant can run the gamut from registering for sales tax, documenting exempt sales correctly, understanding how to process credits and returns for sales tax purposes, and much more. Learning exactly how to manage these tasks from a sales tax expert is the first step in helping ensure that you don’t make costly mistakes down the line.
In this 90-minute webinar, Diane Yetter of the Sales Tax Institute will help you understand the best practices for demystifying the sales tax process. She’ll explain what sales tax data you need to gather, the tools you can use to automate the sales tax function, how to communicate tax data needs to IT, and much more. If you feel overwhelmed by your sales tax responsibilities, this is the best place to start. And you can get answers to your questions from Diane during the live Q&A portion of the webinar.
Learning Objectives for this webinar include:
- Understand what data you need to gather for the sales tax process.
- Discover tools to help you efficiently manage sales tax transaction data, so you can save time, energy and money.
- Learn how to effectively communicate tax data needs to the IT department.
- Know when and how to update sales tax registrations so you can avoid making mistakes.
- Understand what you need to know about processing credits and returns the correct way for sales tax purposes.
- Discover what is necessary to document exempt sales so you know you’re doing it right every time.