Learn the Best Practices in Systems Implementation. Register for the 10/30 webinar!
Tax Leader Summit - Navigating Tax Policy
Join your fellow tax department leaders as we explore and establish the best practices for tax departments in an interactive series of panel-focused discussions. Panels will be led by business leaders and consultants, whose ideas and expertise will help us establish tax policy best practices that will make your tax department more effective and successful.
Participants should be at a management level in a tax department and have an understanding of tax policy issues and processes. Eight years (or equivalent) tax experience required. Advanced preparation: participants will be required to complete a survey regarding their company practices related to the topic. 15 CPE hours.
This two-day course will focus on best practices in navigating tax policy. Specific topics will include:
· Deciding between legislation and litigation
· Selecting your venue and advocate for litigation (process and geographic)
· Best Practices for Lobbying
· Building and Working with a Business Coalition
· How to manage publicity related to tax policy actions
· Evaluating the tax policy impact of credits and incentives
· Qui Tam and Class Action Lawsuits impact on tax policy
· Differences between tax policy at the federal, state and local level
· Cultural differences in tax policy globally
“Anytime you have an opportunity to discuss issues at this length, at this level, you’re going to pull away a lot more than you do in a session that’s more classroom-oriented. It’s not about teacher and student - this was much more collaborative.”
– Eric Siedentopf, Costco Wholesale