Learn the Best Practices in Systems Implementation. Register for the 10/30 webinar!
Tax Leader Summit - Navigating Tax Policy
Join your fellow tax department leaders as we explore and establish the best practices for tax departments in an interactive series of panel-focused discussions. Panels will be led by business leaders and consultants, whose ideas and expertise will help us establish tax policy best practices that will make your tax department more effective and successful.
Participants should be at a management level in a tax department and have an understanding of tax policy issues and processes. Eight years (or equivalent) tax experience required. Advanced preparation: participants will be required to complete a survey regarding their company practices related to the topic. 15 CPE hours.
This two-day course will focus on best practices in navigating tax policy. Specific topics will include:
· Deciding between legislation and litigation
· Selecting your venue and advocate for litigation (process and geographic)
· Best Practices for Lobbying
· Building and Working with a Business Coalition
· How to manage publicity related to tax policy actions
· Evaluating the tax policy impact of credits and incentives
· Qui Tam and Class Action Lawsuits impact on tax policy
· Differences between tax policy at the federal, state and local level
· Cultural differences in tax policy globally
"This was probably the most value added course that I have attended in terms of knowledge transfer and relevance to our organization in striving to develop a better tax department. Congratulations on a wonderfully engaging and value-added inaugural event."
– John McQuarrie, Tim Hortons Inc.