Learn How to Manage Sales Tax Risk. Register for the July 21 webinar!
Stay up to date with sales tax: Join our mailing list!
Basics of Sales and Use Tax
June 22-24, 2016
Designed for individuals working in the corporate or consulting environments with less than four years of sales-and-use-tax experience, this live, three-day lecture, case study and group discussion will cover the tax's constitutional basis, leading cases, tax basis and administration (including collection and remittance procedures), audit defense and industry-specific information. Discussion topics include:
- Define relevant terms
- Review constitutional provisions and practical nexus applications
- Define tax base and identify possible exemptions and exclusions
- Discuss drop shipments
- Develop audit administration and planning techniques and identify protest steps
- Discuss current industry and audit issues
- Review administrative issues in sales tax function including registration, information gathering, taxability decisions, return filing and EDI/EFT
- Review your organization's sales and use tax function structuring options
- Identify tax research tools and methodology
- Discuss ethical issues
Designed for individuals with less than four years of sales-and-use-tax experience, this course offers an in-depth treatment of the basic concepts, requires no advance preparation or prerequisites, and qualifies for 23 CPE hours. We do not accept registrations from government auditors.
"I really got a lot out of breaking up into the industry-specific groups."
– Tim Spiotta, Amerigas Propane