Learn how to Manage Sales Tax Projects. Register for the Nov. 29 webinar!
Stay up to date with sales tax: Join our mailing list!
Basics of Sales and Use Tax
Designed for individuals working in the corporate or consulting environments with less than four years of sales-and-use-tax experience, this live, three-day lecture, case study and group discussion will cover the tax's constitutional basis, leading cases, tax basis and administration (including collection and remittance procedures), audit defense and industry-specific information. Discussion topics include:
- Define relevant terms
- Review constitutional provisions and practical nexus applications
- Define tax base and identify possible exemptions and exclusions
- Discuss drop shipments
- Develop audit administration and planning techniques and identify protest steps
- Discuss current industry and audit issues
- Review administrative issues in sales tax function including registration, information gathering, taxability decisions, return filing and EDI/EFT
- Review your organization's sales and use tax function structuring options
- Identify tax research tools and methodology
- Discuss ethical issues
Designed for individuals with less than four years of sales-and-use-tax experience, this course offers an in-depth treatment of the basic concepts, requires no advance preparation or prerequisites, and qualifies for 23 CPE hours. We do not accept registrations from government auditors.
“This was one of the best run/organized courses I have ever attended! The knowledge of the presenters was outstanding! I will recommend this seminar to others - the team was able to take difficult detailed information and deliver it in a way that was easy to follow and understand!” – Jane Soderberg, Miller Cooper & Co., Ltd.