Learn From an Expert How to Manage Exemptions. Register for the January 22 webinar!
Basics of Sales and Use Tax
This live, three-day lecture, case study and group discussion will cover the tax's constitutional basis, leading cases, tax basis and administration (including collection and remittance procedures), audit defense and industry-specific information. Discussion topics include:
- Define relevant terms
- Review constitutional provisions and practical nexus applications
- Define tax base and identify possible exemptions and exclusions
- Discuss drop shipments
- Develop audit administration and planning techniques and identify protest steps
- Discuss current industry and audit issues
- Review administrative issues in sales tax function including registration, information gathering, taxability decisions, return filing and EDI/EFT
- Review your organization's sales and use tax function structuring options
- Identify tax research tools and methodology
- Discuss ethical issues
Designed for individuals with less than four years of sales-and-use-tax experience, this course offers an in-depth treatment of the basic concepts, requires no advance preparation or prerequisites, and qualifies for 23 CPE hours.
8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Wednesday and Thursday
8:30 am - 3:00 pm Friday
Continental breakfast from 8:00 am - 8:30 am each day and a cocktail reception on Wednesday evening.
$1175 for registrations received by May 26, 2015
$1325 for registrations received after May 26, 2015
June 9, 2015
Final Payment Due Date (if paying by check)
June 16, 2015
"Just wanted to let you know that this was an excellent course. I took away a lot of knowledge that we can apply as we begin selling into the US."
– Victor Bains, Seon Design