Ready to start your sales and use tax training? Call 312.701.1800 for more info.
Basics of Sales and Use Tax
This live, three-day lecture, case study and group discussion will cover the tax's constitutional basis, leading cases, tax basis and administration (including collection and remittance procedures), audit defense and industry-specific information. Discussion topics include:
- Define relevant terms
- Review constitutional provisions and practical nexus applications
- Define tax base and identify possible exemptions and exclusions
- Discuss drop shipments
- Develop audit administration and planning techniques and identify protest steps
- Discuss current industry and audit issues
- Review administrative issues in sales tax function including registration, information gathering, taxability decisions, return filing and EDI/EFT
- Review your organization's sales and use tax function structuring options
- Identify tax research tools and methodology
- Discuss ethical issues
Designed for individuals with less than four years of sales-and-use-tax experience, this course offers an in-depth treatment of the basic concepts, requires no advance preparation or prerequisites, and qualifies for 23 CPE hours.
Class times: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Wednesday and Thursday; 8:30 am - 3:00 pm Friday. Continental breakfast from 8:00 am - 8:30 am each day and a cocktail reception on Wednesday evening.
Class pricing: $995 for registrations received before registration deadline/$1095 for registrations received after registration deadline
Registration Deadline: May 27, 2014
Substitution/Cancellation Deadline: June 10, 2014
Final Payment Due Date (if paying by check): June 17, 2014
"Just wanted to let you know that this was an excellent course. I took away a lot of knowledge that we can apply as we begin selling into the US."
– Victor Bains, Seon Design