Learn about Sales Tax on Services. Register for our 9/30 webinar!
Basics of Sales and Use Tax
This live, three-day lecture, case study and group discussion will cover the tax's constitutional basis, leading cases, tax basis and administration (including collection and remittance procedures), audit defense and industry-specific information. Discussion topics include:
- Define relevant terms
- Review constitutional provisions and practical nexus applications
- Define tax base and identify possible exemptions and exclusions
- Discuss drop shipments
- Develop audit administration and planning techniques and identify protest steps
- Discuss current industry and audit issues
- Review administrative issues in sales tax function including registration, information gathering, taxability decisions, return filing and EDI/EFT
- Review your organization's sales and use tax function structuring options
- Identify tax research tools and methodology
- Discuss ethical issues
Designed for individuals with less than four years of sales-and-use-tax experience, this course offers an in-depth treatment of the basic concepts, requires no advance preparation or prerequisites, and qualifies for 23 CPE hours.
Class times: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Wednesday and Thursday; 8:30 am - 3:00 pm Friday. Continental breakfast from 8:00 am - 8:30 am each day and a cocktail reception on Wednesday evening.
"The course truly fulfilled the need I had to get resources and help with sales tax issues. Thank you for your individual time in the breakout sessions, the professional presentation and excellent hospitality."
– Matt Overaker, Johann Haltermann Ltd.