Ready to start your sales and use tax training? Call 312.701.1800 for more info.
Basics of Sales and Use Tax
This live, three-day lecture, case study and group discussion will cover the tax's constitutional basis, leading cases, tax basis and administration (including collection and remittance procedures), audit defense and industry-specific information. Discussion topics include:
- Define relevant terms
- Review constitutional provisions and practical nexus applications
- Define tax base and identify possible exemptions and exclusions
- Discuss drop shipments
- Develop audit administration and planning techniques and identify protest steps
- Discuss current industry and audit issues
- Review administrative issues in sales tax function including registration, information gathering, taxability decisions, return filing and EDI/EFT
- Review your organization's sales and use tax function structuring options
- Identify tax research tools and methodology
- Discuss ethical issues
Designed for individuals with less than four years of sales-and-use-tax experience, this course offers an in-depth treatment of the basic concepts, requires no advance preparation or prerequisites, and qualifies for 23 CPE hours.
Check back for 2014 course dates and information. Click on the "Notify Me" button to be added to our mailing list and notified when 2014 course information is available.
Class times: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Wednesday and Thursday; 8:30 am - 3:00 pm Friday. Continental breakfast from 8:00 am - 8:30 am each day and a cocktail reception on Wednesday evening.
"Being new to sales and use tax, this has been most informative. Great reference for me - have a long ways to go, but a great start."
– Lori Ereth, Heritage Propane