Learn about Sales Tax Issues for Retailers. Register for the Nov. 20 webinar!
Basics of Sales and Use Tax
This live, three-day lecture, case study and group discussion will cover the tax's constitutional basis, leading cases, tax basis and administration (including collection and remittance procedures), audit defense and industry-specific information. Discussion topics include:
- Define relevant terms
- Review constitutional provisions and practical nexus applications
- Define tax base and identify possible exemptions and exclusions
- Discuss drop shipments
- Develop audit administration and planning techniques and identify protest steps
- Discuss current industry and audit issues
- Review administrative issues in sales tax function including registration, information gathering, taxability decisions, return filing and EDI/EFT
- Review your organization's sales and use tax function structuring options
- Identify tax research tools and methodology
- Discuss ethical issues
Designed for individuals with less than four years of sales-and-use-tax experience, this course offers an in-depth treatment of the basic concepts, requires no advance preparation or prerequisites, and qualifies for 23 CPE hours.
8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Wednesday and Thursday; 8:30 am - 3:00 pm Friday. Continental breakfast from 8:00 am - 8:30 am each day and a cocktail reception on Wednesday evening.
$995 for registrations received by December 31, 2014
$1175 for registrations received by the registration deadline
$1325 for registrations received after the registration deadline
May 26, 2015
June 9, 2015
Final Payment Due Date (if paying by check)
June 16, 2015
"Being new to sales and use tax, this has been most informative. Great reference for me - have a long ways to go, but a great start."
– Lori Ereth, Heritage Propane