Learn about Tax Challenges for Real Property Transactions. Register for the 8/27 webinar!
Stay up to date with sales tax: Join our mailing list!
Basics of Sales and Use Tax
This live, three-day lecture, case study and group discussion will cover the tax's constitutional basis, leading cases, tax basis and administration (including collection and remittance procedures), audit defense and industry-specific information. Discussion topics include:
- Define relevant terms
- Review constitutional provisions and practical nexus applications
- Define tax base and identify possible exemptions and exclusions
- Discuss drop shipments
- Develop audit administration and planning techniques and identify protest steps
- Discuss current industry and audit issues
- Review administrative issues in sales tax function including registration, information gathering, taxability decisions, return filing and EDI/EFT
- Review your organization's sales and use tax function structuring options
- Identify tax research tools and methodology
- Discuss ethical issues
Designed for individuals with less than four years of sales-and-use-tax experience, this course offers an in-depth treatment of the basic concepts, requires no advance preparation or prerequisites, and qualifies for 23 CPE hours.
"I really appreciated the opportunity to learn from experts. I look forward to future events and learning more from all of you. I was really impressed with the entire format; you are all such GREAT speakers/teachers…it made it very easy and fun to learn. The knowledge you all possess is quite amazing!"
– Candie Conat, Environmental Protection, Inc.