California use tax can now be reported on income tax return.

It is now easier to report use tax in the state of California. A Use Tax line has been added to the California Income Tax Return, allowing taxpayers to report use tax on any purchases made during the tax year on one form rather than having to file a separate use tax return with the Board of Equalization. For more information you may contact the state Board of Equalization’s Information Center at 1-800-400-7115 or view the frequently asked questions regarding use tax at (State Board of Equalization, News Release #14-M, March 11, 2004)

Posted on April 15, 2004