Non-Discrimination and Harmful Language Policy
The Sales Tax Institute’s Sales Tax Nerd Community (STNC) is committed to ensuring that it is a welcoming and safe environment for every Member. We created policies to help us meet this commitment.
- STNC is an organization that welcomes professionals of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- All STNC Members have the right to participate in an environment free of discrimination, and to be treated fairly and with respect.
- Discrimination based on race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease will not be tolerated.
- All STNC members are prohibited from engaging in activities that create an environment in which any person feels unsafe or targeted.
Prohibited Activities Include:
- Language that promotes violence against, directly attacks and/or threatens other people (regardless of STNC membership) based on race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease.
- Sharing/distributing hateful images or symbols that promote violence and/or malice against any group or individual.
- Content that wishes, hopes, promotes or expresses a desire for death, serious and lasting bodily harm, or serious disease against a person or group of people.
- Targeting individuals with content intended to incite fear or spread fearful stereotypes about an individual or group of people.
- Repeated use of slurs, epithets, racist and sexual tropes or other content that denigrates others.
- Harassment, victimization and bullying or any other form of unwanted behavior will not be tolerated.
- If you see/hear something that violates this policy while participating in the STNC, please report it immediately by sending an email to Diane Yetter.
- Please note that you do not have to be the target of the harmful speech to report it.
- We will review the incident and will take action up to and including revoking membership for anyone who violates this policy.
- We have a zero tolerance against violent threats against an identifiable target and will not hesitate to take action, including reporting it to relevant authorities.